Gilchrist could see much of Wiggins on the d

riluowanying123

Gilchrist could see much of Wiggins on the d

Beitragvon riluowanying123 » Do 12. Jul 2018, 13:14

The last two Premier League champions are both in a state of flux for different reasons -- current title-holders Leicester City are acclimating to the grind of multiple tournament commitments and 2015 winners Chelsea are looking for consistency on a match-to-match basis under new manager Antonio Conte.The two sides meet at Stamford Bridge on Saturday attempting to jump-start their middling campaigns.It was, of course, all much different the last time Claudio Ranieri visited Chelsea. The one-time Blues manager and his side were given a pre-match honour guard befitting their championship pedigree to conclude that magical season. But those good feelings should be kept in the past according to the Italian manager since Leicester City (2-2-3) are fighting to climb their way out of their current 12th-place spot in the table.The last match at Chelsea was special with the guard of honour, but Saturday is an important match and we must react, Ranieri said at his Thursday news conference. Its a big challenge because now there are so many champions in front. They are playing 3-4-3.They push a lot on the flank but they are also good players with good skill. For us, its important to stay together.The Foxes defence, an underrated component of their run to the title, is still grinding through the gears in league play. Leicester City have not conceded in winning their first two Champions League matches, but Liverpool and Manchester United each breached them for four goals in road losses. So did Chelsea, emerging with a 4-2 victory in extra time at King Power Stadium in the second round of the EFL Cup on Sept. 20.Ranieri is using this match as a measuring stick of his teams mettle.We lost against Liverpool and Manchester United and now arrives another big team, he said. We drew just against Arsenal, so now I want to see how we react.All of Leicester Citys players who represented their countries during the international break came back to the Midlands healthy, and influential midfielder Danny Drinkwater should be available for selection. The England international missed the last two qualifiers recovering from a groin injury but has been practicing with the team.The big subplot to this contest is midfielder NGolo Kante facing his former team for the first time since leaving for Stamford Bridge over the summer. Kante -- worth a £30 million transfer fee in Chelseas eyes -- was the linchpin of Leicesters defence, a tireless engine who tracked every opponent, won seemingly every challenge to create the first touch that sprung Leicester Citys quicksilver counterattack.Kante has made a seamless transition to the London outfit and should be fresh considering he was a stoppage-time situational substitution to help France preserve their 1-0 victory over the Netherlands on Monday. Conte held him out of the EFL Cup tie, but Kante has been a fixture in the starting XI for Chelsea (4-1-2) since his arrival.But the Blues are still a work in progress, evidenced by their inability to beat the Premier Leagues heavyweights thus far. They did avoid going into the international break with a four-match winless streak thanks to Diego Costa, who had a goal and an assist in a six-minute span of the second half Oct. 1 to power a 2-0 victory at Hull City.The Spain international by way of Brazil has re-discovered his 2014-15 form, scoring six of Chelseas 12 goals in league play. Willian also netted his seventh international goal in helping Brazil defeat Venezuela on Tuesday, but his status for this match is unknown following the death of his mother Thursday.Chelsea are still fragile in the back without injured talisman John Terry, leaving Conte to continue his experimentation with a three-man defence he used to great success at Juventus and then with the Italian national team. Their only two clean sheets this season in league play have been at the expense of new boys Burnley and Hull.And like Leicester City, the Blues have faltered in their marquee matches, losing 2-1 at home to Liverpool before being thoroughly outclassed 3-0 by Arsenal at the Emirates.Also similar to the Foxes, Chelsea had most of their first-choice players toiling for country during the international break. Eden Hazard may have been the most productive of the 13 Blues in action, racking up two goals and two assists as Belgium pounded Bosnia-Herzegovina and Gibraltar for 10 goals without reply in their two qualifier victories.Last months League Cup match was a back-and-forth affair -- Shinji Okazaki staked Leicester City to a 2-0 lead with a brace inside the first 35 minutes, but Gary Cahill pulled a goal back just before intermission. Cesar Azpilicueta leveled for Chelsea shortly after the interval, and the match swung after Leicester City defender Marcin Wasilewski was sent off on 89 minutes for his second yellow card.Cesc Fabregas scored twice in the first period of extra time to spark the Blues to victory, but the Spain international was dropped from the starting XI after earning a place for the Arsenal match.Chelsea had won the prior seven matches between the teams in all competitions before a 2-1 loss at Leicester on Dec. 14 as goals by Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez were too much to overcome. That defeat led to the departure of Jose Mourinho, who tore into his team publicly after the match for failing to adhere to his scouting report of the Foxes. Cheap Will Clapp Jersey . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Discount Saints Jerseys . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. http://www.saintsjerseyscheap.com/ . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Cheap Kamrin Moore Jersey . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Cheap Natrell Jamerson Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. MINNEAPOLIS -- Andrew Wiggins career-best, 47-point outburst on Sunday for the Minnesota Timberwolves flashed the immense potential and the continuing growth in the third-year swingman.With Wiggins leading the charge, Minnesota has been among leagues best offensive teams. The Timberwolves are ninth in the league in scoring, averaging 107.9 points per game.The Charlotte Hornets have their own breakout star emerging in point guard Kemba Walker. Walker is a sixth-year pro whos had plenty of big moments in the NBA, but hes taken his scoring to another level by averaging a career-best 25.3 points per game.Wiggins, who begins the week as the NBAs ninth-best scorer at 26.3, and Walker (12th in the league in scoring) will lead their teams against each other Tuesday at Minnesota.With Wiggins setting career bests in points in two of the past four games, the Timberwolves (3-6) have won two of their past three games. Wiggins has asserted himself more on the offensive end this season and picked up the scoring slack in Saturdays 125-99 victory against the Los Angeles Lakers.Hes smart. Hes driven, Minnesota coach Tom Thibodeau said. I think sometimes mistakenly people take him as laid back. Hes competitive. I think hes just scratching the surface. I think he can do a lot more.Wiggins shot 14 of 21 in Sundays win, hit two 3-pointers and went to the line 22 times, knocking down 17 free throws. One of Wiggins weaknesses in the past had been his 3-point shooting, but he leads the league hitting 54.8 percent of his 3-pointers.Im finding myself; finding the things Im good at, the things I need to work at, Wiggins said. The games just kind of slowed down for me a little bit. Im able to read a lot of different defenses and how people are playing me, the defensive set.Walker isnt exactly new to his role as Charlottes go-to man. He averaged more than 20 points per game last season but hes expanded his impact this year. Walker is also averaging 5.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game, while hitting a career-best 47 percent of his 3s.The Hornets started the season 6-1 but have lost two in a row to the favorites in the Eastern Conference in Toronto annd Cleveland.dddddddddddd Walker scored a season-high 40 points in a loss to Toronto on Thursday before going extending his streak to eight games with at least 20 points with 21 in Saturdays loss to the Cavaliers.Walker was so frustrated by the loss on Saturday that he sat in front of his locker in his uniform shorts for more than 20 minutes.We just let the game get away from us, he said. They made some great plays and just found guys when they needed to. They were just making big plays down the stretch.Charlotte forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist returned to the lineup after missing a game with a strained back to notch 11 points and 10 rebounds while defending LeBron James. Kidd-Gilchrist could see much of Wiggins on the defensive end on Tuesday, but Minnesotas injury situation bears watching for matchups.Wiggins big game on Saturday came without starting shooting guard and third-leading scorer Zach LaVine, who was held out with a sore right knee. Thibodeau wasnt sure about the status of LaVine or backup swingman Shabazz Muhammad, who also missed the game with a sore right knee. With Brandon Rush also dealing with a sprained right big toe, the Timberwolves depth is being tested.The 6-foot-8 Wiggins moved to shooting guard against the Lakers with 6-10 Nemanja Bjelica getting his first start and playing small forward. Kidd-Gilchrist stands 6-7 while starting shooting guard Nicolas Batum is 6-8.Bjelica responded well to the unexpected assignment, scoring a career-high 24 with five 3s.The only thing, here everything is possible and you have to be ready every night, Bjelica said. I think I needed this game, especially for myself, because I had, last summer, many issues. First my injury, then I miss the Olympic Games, then I put lots of work. Thats it. I just played the best game so far that Im here.Charlotte will still be without guard Jeremy Lamb, but the hope is he could return by Friday against Atlanta. Center Roy Hibbert has soreness in his right knee and is expected to have his minutes limited. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Zurück zu „NRW“